How to Stay Healthy During the Holidays
Tonight, we’re sharing with you our best tips to stay healthy during the Fall & Winter months! It’s chilly here in New York and at times the weather is very temperamental.
If you’ve been feeling under the weather lately, today I felt achy, exhausted, and sick. So we’re here to share how we stay healthy and beat a cold.
1. Echinacea. This herb is found in capsules and in tea that will aid in helping your immune system. I tend to take 2-4 capsules a day and 2 bags of tea a day. This herbal supplement is one of my go-to when I’m starting to feel under the weather.
2. Hot tea. I make several cups a day of Echinacea tea, Lemon Ginger tea, and Green tea. This helps to keep you warm and to flush your body out. White tea also has tons of antioxidants. But no matter what make sure you're drinking several cups a day.
3. Lots of warm water. Staying hydrated is key and vital during the time that you’re starting to feel sick and when you are sick. This will help flush all toxins out of your body. Drinking cold water shocks your body, whereas warm water (even with a splash of organic ACV and a slice of fresh lemon) will be a gentle energizer to your body.
4. Stay warm. Layer up and keep your house/apartment warm. Staying warm will also aid in your body fighting off that cold.
5. Get lots of rest. Honor your body. Make sure you’re not over exerting yourself and go to bed early. Limit your electronic use and spend some extra time reading and journaling, maybe even spending time with God, too! ;)
6. No caffeine, soda, or alcohol. Drinking these drinks will also hinder your body’s immune system in fighting off the cold/infection. These drinks are very acidic, the more acidic your body is, the harder it has to work to detox itself and get rid of that cold.
7. Limit your sugar intake. Sugar feeds infection and disease. Cut out unhealthy, refined, processed sugars and carbs during this time. Increase your intake of greens, veggies, and fruits. Optimally, it's best to cut out sugar completely to aid in keeping your body healthy all year long.
8. Spend time in prayer. God does deliver. Ask and you shall receive. Spend time reading the Bible, journaling, and praying.
9. Gentle stretching. Not only do I primarily focus on gentle and low impact workouts, but during this time is when I really highly encourage gentle yoga and stretching to keep your body moving.
If you'd like more tips on how to stay healthy, download my FREE guide, Healthy During The Holidays, and get 13 of our best tips and tricks! Click HERE to download it!
BONUS TIP= Essential Oils. Are you ready to stay healthy and create your toxic-free home this winter? Essential oils are our favorite! Check out our ‘Aromatherapy’ tab to learn more about our oils!