How To Wake Up Early
Who struggles with waking up early and setting a morning routine? Do you also feel sluggish no matter what?
Are you like me and press snooze until you have no other choice but to get up and rush to get ready? Are you like me and just dont look forward to the mornings?
I know I've been struggling with that lately. But I've been finding different tricks that are helping in waking up early and having a routine.
1. Keep your curtains open. Waking up to the sun helps our body naturally wake up and it also is rejuvenating to waking up in sunlight rather than the dark. When the curtains are closed, I find it a lot harder to wake up and get out of bed.
2. If weather permitting, sleep with the windows open at night. This is my favorite! Waking up to cool fresh air also helps to wake your body and mind up!
3. Automatically set your pot of coffee to brew as you're waking up. Nothing beats waking up to the smell of fresh brewing coffee! For all of you coffee drinkers out there, this is a life saver.
4. Before getting out of bed, take a minute to stretch and take a deep breath and to simply thank God for waking you up. It's a gentle way of telling your body and soul good morning!
5. Drink a glass of water. This is the biggest kickstart you can give your body. When drinking a glass of water, preferably warm lemon water, you give your metabolism a wake up call in waking up your organs and immune system for optimal functioning for the day ahead. When you drink cold water, it actually puts your body into a state of shock which isn't ideal.
6. Wash your face and brush your teeth, get your cup of coffee and some breakfast! Now go tackle the day!
Even though these tricks help me in waking up for the morning earlier and without feeling sluggish, we use this as our morning routine.
It's something simple, not a fancy or complicated oh I wake up, journal, exercise, etc. Would I love my mornings to look like that? Absolutely, but it's all about taking baby steps.
Let us know how these tips help you, in the meantime let us know in the comments below what your mornings currently look like!